top of page
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Do your research! Find out about Comprehensive Sexuality Education and educate yourself on the authors of these curricula.
1. SIGN THE Oceanside PETITION (click here) AND SHARE WITH YOUR COMMUNITY!
2. Sign/share the STATEWIDE PETITION (click here) supporting SB 673, raising awareness about the need for curriculum transparency and parental oversight regarding Comprehensive Sexuality Education/AB329.
2. RESEARCH (links included) Go straight to the source, Advocates for Youth, and see the overreach for yourself. Familiarize yourself with the California Healthy Youth Act (AB 329), SB48, and the newly adopted California Health Framework (TK-12 suggested guidelines) and research which organizations are behind these agendas (ACLU, Planned Parenthood, SIECUS, FOSE, California Teachers Association union, PTA, Shirley Webber, etc.)
3. EMAIL and communicate with the OUSD School Board and let them know that you do not want Advocates For Youth in our schools, or ANY Comprehensive Sexuality Education curriculum like it. Our kids deserve scientific sexual health information that is age appropriate, medically accurate, unbiased, represents community values, and that abides by the law.
Superintendent Dr. Julie Vitale
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Senior Director of Curriculum & Instruction
4. Download and Sign your OPT OUT form (1st page English, 2nd page Spanish) and return to school.
5. Download PRINTABLE PETITIONS to share.
6. Download PRINTABLE PETITION SIGNATURE FORMS here, gather signatures and scan/email back to us: SpeakUpOceanside@gmail.com
7. Email, call, and meet with local representatives, state lawmakers, and religious leaders and let your voice be heard!
8. Email us to be notified of upcoming events.
9. Attend the OUSD school board meetings to share your thoughts and support parents and community members who are taking a stand.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETINGS...LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD OR COME AND SUPPORT!
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 @6pm
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 @6pm
(Be sure to verify location of meeting with district as they have been moved at the last minute)
Chavez Middle School
202 Oleander Drive
Oceanside CA 92058
NATIONAL SEX ED SIT OUT DATE TBA Spring 2020
Please visit this website to translate into any language. Visite este sitio web para traducir al idioma elegido. https://translate.google.com/
bottom of page